- BYTON envisions the innovative concept of the Fourth Space as Your Platform for Life
- BYTON pioneers the hybrid direct sales and service model, with network plan in the Chinese, US and European markets
- CRound fund-raising will be completed soon, attracting overseas investors for the first time
Guangzhou November 22, 2019 - BYTON today unveiled its first premium smart electric SUV, BYTON M-Byte, to Chinese consumers at Guangzhou Motor Show. “Digital power replaces horsepower”, therefore BYTON has devised the innovative concept of The Fourth Space to reshape the relationship between cars and people by providing users with a new living space that is customizable, upgradable and mobile.
“BYTON M-Byte is the future-oriented next-generation smart device that fully embodies BYTON’s prowess in product, production and technology,” said Dr. Daniel Kirchert, CEO of BYTON. “The Fourth Space expands the competitive dimensions of the industry beyond driving into a new realm that is expected to become the real innovation and growth driver in the era of smart mobility “
The unveiling of BYTON M-Byte in Asia marks BYTON’s official entry into the mass production phase. The M-Byte will launch first in China in 2020.
The Fourth Space Opens up a Whole New Driving Paradigm
The innovative concept of The Fourth Space breaks the boundaries of traditional car design, bringing together a harmonious combination of hardware, software, in-car connectivity and Internet of Vehicles (IoV). The Fourth Space envisioned by BYTON creates a new space beyond the user’s home, workplace and social space, delivering an immersive “Phygital” experience that seamlessly integrates digital with physical experiences.
At the press conference, BYTON officially named its 48-inch super-large display “BYTON Stage”. The BYTON Stage Display is offering unlimited possibilities and rich content experience to fill The Fourth Space.
BYTON also demonstrated The Fourth Space’s four modes:
- Game Mode: BYTON has created the world’s first multiplayer in-car game mode, bringing a wide variety of experiences including single-player and multi-player teamwork-based games that can be enjoyed by multi-screen interactions in the car.
- Cinema Mode: BYTON Stage Display, combined with Hi-fi audio system and adjustable lights and seats, delivers an immersive viewing experience to passengers.
- Office Mode: Using the BYTON Stage Display, BYTON M-Byte opens a new workspace and allows conference calls, online real-time sharing of conference documents, replicating a real office environment in the car.
- Meditation Mode: Users can freely choose various meditation themes (such as forest, ocean waves, or stars). Seats, lights and music are adjusted to achieve a relaxed state.
Final Sprint to Production and Market Launch Preparations
BYTON’s smart manufacturing plant has commenced trial production, actively preparing for BYTON M-Byte production. The first pilot production model of BYTON M-Byte has completed production evaluation and is currently undergoing endurance testing. BYTON will start producing M-Byte in mid-2020, with first deliveries to Chinese consumers, followed by launches in Europe and North America in 2021.
BYTON is pioneering a hybrid direct sales and services model and is steadily expanding its global distribution. In China, BYTON has signed MOU´s with more than 10 leading partners such as China Harmony Auto, Yongda Auto Service, Sime Darby, Bowdex and Jebsen. In the United States, BYTON has just been awarded a dealer license from the state of California for its direct sales and a distributor license, for which partner details will soon be announced. In Europe, BYTON is developing potential partnerships in 14 countries and has already entered MOU´s with partners in Sweden, France, Portugal and Switzerland.
With regards to charging service in China, BYTON has started partnerships with State Grid, TELD, Star Charge, Anyo, YKC and more, and recently signed a strategic cooperation agreement with UNIEV in the first group. For financial and insurance services support in China, BYTON is working with the Bank of China, Ping An Bank, PICC Property Insurance and Ping An Property Insurance to provide “one-stop smart butler services.”
BYTON’s C-round fundraising has entered the final stage. Besides FAW Group, the industrial investment fund of Nanjing Municipal Government, BYTON has been actively exploring overseas capital markets. BYTON has signed a strategic partnership agreement with Myoung Shin Co., a subsidiary of South Korean auto parts maker MS Autotech, on Sept. 25th. The partnership covers extensive cooperation in sales promotion, manufacturing, supply chain and investment. The two parties will jointly explore the electric vehicle market in South Korea.